Transfer from Sanford International Airport
Going Downtown Orlando from Sanford International Airport
If your travel destination is Orlando, Florida, then you’re most probably planning to have some fun time at Disney World, because that’s what Orlando is best known for across the globe.
Rightfully so, Orlando holds the title of The Theme Park Capital of the World, as its unrivaled collection of incredible theme parks attracts dozens of millions of people around the world every year. Apart from The Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando is also a home to Universal Studios Resort, which is as much a tourist attraction as Mickey's own residency. But theme parks are not the only reason people visit Orlando. It is also famous for iconic skyscrapers, sports centers, theaters, art galleries, shopping centers and parks.
But before visiting Orlando’s landmarks let’s have a look at its airport system. Two main commercial airports serve Orlando city:
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Sanford International Airport (SFB)
Let’s cut to the chase and look closer at the Sanford International Airport system and what it has to offer when it comes to transfer options.
To begin with, Sanford Airport is not actually in Orlando. As you can guess, it is located in the town of Sanford, which is almost 50 kilometers away from Orlando, so it’s not really your first choice if you’re staying in Orlando. SFB is much smaller than Orlando International Airport, with only 3.5 million people flying in and out each year, which means you won’t have to deal with long queues, which is an advantage.
Unfortunately, there is no public transport available at the airport. The only option to get Downtown Orlando is by taxi or transfer.
To get to the Downtown area will take about 40 minutes and it’ll cost you between $60 and $80, depending on where you’re staying. But if you want a cheaper deal, you can always opt for a transfer service.
We recommend GetTransfer, as it offers the best prices in the area. In case you don’t agree with the company’s pricing, you can offer yours, which is pretty convenient.
For a group of four and more people, GetTransfer can find you a vehicle that suits the size of your company with all the baggage you have. Another sweet little bonus is that you can share the ride cost, which is beneficial for everyone.
For families and passengers with massive luggage, getting a suitable vehicle on GetTransfer is a lifesaver. You won’t have to worry about your heavy belongings or your children getting lost in public transport. GetTransfer is a stress-free experience.
Forget about expensive yellow cabs. GetTransfer will get you in comfort and no fuss to any point in the city.
Booking the most suitable vehicle with GetTransfer is as easy as pie. All you need is to either download GetTransfer app on your phone, or visit GetTransfer.com and fill in all the required information on the homepage, and then click “Get Offers”. The rest is up to the system. In a moment, you will be offered several options to choose from. If there are any extra requirements for the driver ― you can leave a message in the comment section.
What you get when you book GetTransfer
- A wide variety of vehicle types: you can pick from passenger cars to shuttle buses. It all depends on how big your company is and how much baggage you’re carrying.
- You can book a transfer in advance and schedule a pickup time.
- No additional costs: taxes, road fees, and tips are included.
- Your safety comes first. You know in advance who is picking you up, and you can choose your driver based on the ratings and the car photos.
- You can choose from a few types of private traveling, from the most affordable to the VIP status.
- Every vehicle comes with individual additional services, be it free Wi-Fi access, cool drinks, safety shield or wheelchair accessible transfer. You can see what a vehicle has onboard when you choose your transfer.
- Vehicles are family friendly: if you travel with kids, you can find a required child seat type.
Among other perks — with GetTransfer — you can also schedule your way back to the airport in advance, before it is time to go home.
The driver you choose will wait for you at the arranged time and pre-agreed location. If you can’t keep up, no worries! There is a free waiting time: 60 minutes at airports and 15 minutes at all other locations.
|Routes||Transportation price, EUR||Transportation distance, km||Transportation time, min|
|Sanford International Airport to Lakeland city||161||144||108|