Transfer to Southend Airport
Getting from Southend Airport to central London. Easy ways to reach your destination
You will most likely arrive at one of London's six airports if you're visiting the city. Here's what you will need to navigate around London Southend Airport if your flight lands there.
To begin with, London Southend Airport lies 64 kilometers east of central London and is the least busy of the city's six major airports. It's also the tiniest and has the fewest transportation options.
It serves predominantly European destinations, similar to Stansted and Luton Airport. Low-cost airlines such as Ryanair and EasyJet use it as a hub.
What’s important to know: the airport is closed from midnight to 4AM, therefore there is no overnight sleeping. We recommend you to plan your arrival according to its 4AM opening.
It has three primary ways of getting to the city center, just like every other London airport:
London Southend Airport railway station is located directly opposite the passenger terminal. Trains run between Liverpool Street Station and Southend Airport, up to eight trains an hour during peak times. Liverpool Street Station is in the business area of Central London.
The journey by train will take from 45 to 55 minutes.
Ticket price starts at £12.
You can book ahead for National Express services that run between Southend-on-Sea and central London stops.
Taxi cabs usually queue for customers opposite the passenger terminal next to the railway station. Getting a taxi might probably be more expensive than, let’s say, going by train or taking a coach. Yet it’s the most comfortable and hassle-free for sure, especially for families or those with massive luggage.
We recommend you GetTransfer service. It might save you a buck as this transfer company offers best taxi prices in the area and in case you don’t agree with the company’s pricing you can offer yours!
Getting the most suitable vehicle with GetTransfer is as easy as pie. All you need is to either download GetTransfer app on your phone or visit GetTransfer.com and fill in all the required information on the homepage, and then click “Get Offers”. The rest is up to the system. In a moment, you will be offered several options to choose from. If there are any extra requirements for the driver ― you can leave a message in the comment section.
What you get when you book GetTransfer
- A wide variety of vehicle types: you can choose from passenger cars to shuttle buses. It all depends on how big your company is and how much baggage you’re carrying.
- You can book a transfer in advance and schedule a pickup time.
- No additional costs: taxes, road fees, and tips are included.
- Your safety comes first. You know in advance who is picking you up and you can choose your driver based on the ratings and the car photos.
- You can choose from a few types of private traveling, from the most affordable to the VIP status.
- Every vehicle comes with individual additional services, be it free Wi-Fi access, cool drinks, safety shield or wheelchair accessible transfer. You can see what a vehicle has onboard when you choose your transfer.
- Vehicles are family friendly: if you travel with kids, you can find a required child seat type.
Journey time depends on time of the day and destination, but on average it takes 60-110 minutes.
Among other perks, with GetTransfer, you can also plan your way back to the airport when it is time to go home.
The driver you choose will wait for you at the arranged time and pre-agreed location. If you can’t keep up, no worries! There is a free waiting time: 60 minutes at airports and 15 minutes at all other locations.