Transfer to Stansted airport
Stansted Airport. Useful Information and how to get to London
Stansted Airport is the third largest and fourth busiest airport in London. Let’s have a closer look at the airport and its distinctive features from a passenger’s view.
The first thing to mention is that it’s home to many low-cost airlines, mostly serving destinations in Europe.
Another thing to bring up is that the airport is about 68 km northeast of London, which is not close. Yet, there are many quick ways to reach the city center.
In total, there are three main ways to get to London:
- Taxi/Transfer Service
The Stansted Express, a high-speed train service, runs every 15 minutes. It goes directly from the airport to London Liverpool Street in the City of London. It takes 47 minutes to get there.
A standard ticket costs slightly over £20, but you can save up to £4-5 by booking in advance.
Another Stansted Express destination will take you to Tottenham Hale station, which has connections to the London Underground. This route will take about 36 minutes. If you travel light, it’s one of the best and fastest ways to get to any point in London.
If it’s your first time in the city or you’re not a resident, we’d recommend you buy a Visitor Oyster Card to travel by tube in London.
Getting a coach would be the cheapest, yet not the quickest way. The journey time can vary, but it will take you from 50 to 90 minutes.
National Express coaches to London run 24 hours a day and stop at 38 pick-up points, including 15 in central London. Prices start from £5, but only if booked in advance, otherwise it could cost you £14 or more.
You can also travel from the airport by taxi, but there are no taxi ranks at Stansted Airport. And here’s where GetTransfer comes to the rescue. You can book a taxi or any vehicle of your choosing with GetTransfer. It is a stress-free and enjoyable ride to London that no other type of transport can offer. Besides, the service ensures the best transfer prices in the area. In case you don’t like the cost of your taxi ride, you can set your own price!
GetTransfer is a lifesaver for families and passengers with massive luggage, because you don’t need to worry about your heavy belongings or children getting lost in public transport.
Getting the most suitable vehicle with GetTransfer is as easy as pie. All you need is to either download GetTransfer app on your phone or visit GetTransfer.com and fill in all the required information on the homepage, and then click “Get Offers”. The rest is up to the system. In a moment, you will be offered several options to choose from. If there are any extra requirements for the driver ― you can leave a message in the comment section.
What you get when you book GetTransfer
- A wide variety of vehicle types: you can choose from passenger cars to shuttle buses. It all depends on how big your company is and how much baggage you’re carrying.
- You can book a transfer in advance and schedule a pickup time.
- No additional costs: taxes, road fees, and tips are included.
- Your safety comes first. You know in advance who is picking you up and you can choose your driver based on the ratings and the car photos.
- You can choose from a few types of private traveling, from the most affordable to the VIP status.
- Every vehicle comes with individual additional services, be it free Wi-Fi access, cool drinks, safety shield or wheelchair accessible transfer. You can see what a vehicle has onboard when you choose your transfer.
- Vehicles are family friendly: if you travel with kids, you can find a required child seat type.
It’s around an hour drive from Stansted to central London, but GetTransfer’s high level of comfort is a good start for your enjoyable pastime in London. As time flies by, don’t forget to also schedule your return transfer to the airport in advance. The driver you choose will wait for you at the arranged time and pre-agreed location. If you can’t keep up, no worries! There is a free waiting time: 60 minutes at airports when arriving and 15 minutes at all other locations.