Transfer to Gatwick Airport
Easy ways to travel between Gatwick Airport and London
If you are visiting London, be it for business or pleasure, and arriving at Gatwick Airport, here you can find some useful information that will help you get around, especially if you’ve never been to London before or it's your first time at Gatwick.
The airport has only two terminals ― The North one and the South. Both of them have a selection of shops, restaurants, and cafes.
It is noteworthy that Gatwick Airport is the second largest airport in the country, serving hundreds of destinations and millions of passengers every year. However, the location leaves much to be desired.
It’s far out of the city, which is almost 50km south of Central London.
Given the circumstances, it is essential to know how to get to the city center as quickly as possible.
Here’s what you have at your disposal:
You can go by train
Gatwick Express runs between the South Terminal and London every 15 minutes. It will take you 30 minutes to get to London Victoria Railway Station, which is the final destination. You can book your tickets in advance online.
Take a coach
It’s probably the cheapest way to get to London, yet bear in mind that most definitely you will be stuck in traffic, which is not the best after a long flight.
Book a transfer
Gatwick is outside the range of London taxi, but you can order a transfer.
If you want to travel safely and hassle-free, we recommend you GetTransfer ― the easiest and smoothest way to get to any desired location. With GetTransfer you enjoy safe journey and the best price guarantee.
If you don’t want to waste your time at the airport struggling to arrange your way to London, you can book a taxi with GetTransfer in advance to better suit your arrival time at Gatwick. The car will wait for you at the arranged time outside the airport. Even if your flight gets delayed ― the driver will wait 60 minutes free of charge. At any other locations, free waiting time is 15 minutes.
For families and passengers with massive luggage, getting a suitable vehicle on GetTransfer is a lifesaver. You won’t have to worry about your heavy belongings or your children getting lost in public transport. GetTransfer is a stress-free experience.
Getting the most suitable vehicle with GetTransfer is as easy as pie. All you need is to either download GetTransfer app on your phone or visit GetTransfer.com and fill in all the required information on the homepage, and then click “Get Offers”. The rest is up to the system. In a moment, you will be offered several options to choose from. If there are any extra requirements for the driver ― you can leave a message in the comment section.
What GetTransfer offers:
- A wide variety of vehicle types: you can choose from passenger cars to shuttle buses. It all depends on how big your company is and how much baggage you’re carrying.
- You can book a transfer in advance and schedule a pickup time.
- No additional costs: taxes, road fees, and tips are included.
- Your safety comes first. You know in advance who is picking you up and you can choose your driver based on the ratings and the car photos.
- You can choose from a few types of private traveling, from the most affordable to the VIP status.
- Every vehicle comes with individual additional services, be it free Wi-Fi access, cool drinks, safety shield or wheelchair accessible transfer. You can see what a vehicle has onboard when you choose your transfer.
- Vehicles are family friendly: if you travel with kids, you can find a required child seat type.
The journey usually takes from 45 to 90 minutes, door to door, depending on the time of day and traffic situation, but GetTransfer’s high level of comfort is a good start for your enjoyable pastime in London. As time flies by, don’t forget to also schedule your return transfer to the airport in advance. The driver you choose will wait for you at the arranged time and pre-agreed location. If you can’t keep up, no worries! There is a 15-minute free waiting time.