Transfer to Luton airport
How to get from Luton Airport to London. Lifehacks and useful tips
Luton airport is located approximately 45 kilometers north of the center of London city. It takes its name from a nearby little town.
Luton, as one of the UK’s fast-growing airports, can be a good alternative to usually overcrowded Heathrow or Gatwick airports, especially for budget-oriented travelers, because it’s very popular for low-cost airlines such as Ryanair, EasyJet and Wizz Air. And just like Stansted Airport, Luton primarily serves European destinations.
Despite being as far outside of downtown London as Gatwick and 16 kilometers further than Heathrow, Luton has the shortest transit time of the three. It takes about 25 minutes.
There are three primary means of getting to London. As previously said, the quickest way of travel is by train. There are extra features for those who are strapped for cash. Taking the bus will help you stick to your budget. Alongside with the cheapest and quickest ways of reaching your destination, there is also the most comfortable one, which is taking a taxi/transfer.
- Train: 25 to 45 minutes, from $13 (quickest)
- Bus: 70 to 80 minutes, from $2.50 (cheapest)
- Taxi: 1 hour (most comfortable and hassle-free)
We’ll get into all the details of each one of them separately.
At Luton, there is a train station, which is outside the airport. There is a shuttle that in a matter of 10 minutes time will take you to the Luton Airport Parkway station. The shuttle runs every 15 minutes.
Two companies operate trains between Luton Airport and central London - East Midlands Trains and Thameslink.
Trains depart from Luton Airport Parkway station, taking you within 25-45 minutes to St. Pancras International station, a major Underground hub and one of the best places in London to look for cheap accommodation.
One can say traveling to London by train is the perfect middle ground as it’s quicker than the bus but cheaper than a taxi.
Taking a coach might be the cheapest way to get to London. National Express services run between Luton and central London stops and are cheapest when booked ahead. There are also two other coach operators - easyBus and Green Line for you to choose from. Services operate through the night. Remember to get your ticket in advance to get the cheapest tickets!
*Note the Green Line is the slowest service and is not direct.
Getting a taxi might probably be more expensive than, let’s say, going by train or taking a coach. Yet it’s the most comfortable and hassle-free for sure. We would recommend you GetTransfer service, as it might save you a buck since this transfer company offers best taxi prices in the area. In case you don’t agree with the company’s pricing you can offer yours!
Besides, for families and those with significant luggage or people traveling at unsocial hours when public transport is not great in some areas, a car can make sense.
For small or large groups, chartering buses can make a compelling choice with the promise of the lowest cost and customized transfer door to door at a time chosen by you.
Getting the most suitable vehicle with GetTransfer is as easy as pie. All you need is to either download GetTransfer app on your phone or visit GetTransfer.com and fill in all the required information on the homepage, and then click “Get Offers”. The rest is up to the system. In a moment, you will be offered several options to choose from. If there are any extra requirements for the driver ― you can leave a message in the comment section.
What you get when you book GetTransfer
- A wide variety of vehicle types: you can choose from passenger cars to shuttle buses. It all depends on how big your company is and how much baggage you’re carrying.
- You can book a transfer in advance and schedule a pickup time.
- No additional costs: taxes, road fees, and tips are included.
- Your safety comes first. You know in advance who is picking you up and you can choose your driver based on the ratings and the car photos.
- You can choose from a few types of private traveling, from the most affordable to the VIP status.
- Every vehicle comes with individual additional services, be it free Wi-Fi access, cool drinks, safety shield or wheelchair accessible transfer. You can see what a vehicle has onboard when you choose your transfer.
- Vehicles are family friendly: if you travel with kids, you can find a required child seat type.
Among other perks, with GetTransfer, you can also plan your way back to the airport when it is time to go home.
The driver you choose will wait for you at the arranged time and pre-agreed location. If you can’t keep up, no worries! There is a free waiting time: 60 minutes at airports and 15 minutes at all other locations.