Transfer from Tenerife North airport
Getting from Tenerife North Airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife
When flying to Tenerife, the largest of the Canary Islands, the airport is the first thing to experience. Two airports serve Tenerife, an extremely popular holiday hotspot:
- Tenerife South Airport, also known as Reina Sofia Airport or Tenerife Sur
- Tenerife North Airport or Ciudad de La Laguna Airport
Tenerife North Airport, formerly Los Rodeos Airport, is the smaller of the two international airports on the island, yet it’s much closer to Tenerife’s capital Santa Cruz. Situated in the north of the island, the airport is about 11 km away from the city, which makes it pretty convenient for those who are staying in the capital.
As for the transport options, you can reach the city center by bus, taxi or transfer.
There is only one bus route that connects the airport to the city center. Bus line 20 will take you from the airport to Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The whole journey is about 30 minutes and it will cost you only €2.65.
Taxis are available 24/7 outside the airport. Taxi rides are not as expensive as from the South Airport due to the proximity to the city. An average taxi ride will cost about €17, which again makes this airport more preferable for those staying in Santa Cruz or in the area.
Ordering a taxi is the least stressful way to reach the city center. Especially so, if you're getting off a long international flight, you might not have the energy to drag your heavy bags around.
If you don’t want to waste your time at the airport struggling to arrange your way to Santa Cruz, you can book a transfer in advance to better suit your arrival time at Tenerife North Airport.
We recommend GetTransfer, as it offers the best prices in the area. In case you don’t agree with the company’s pricing, you can offer yours, which is pretty convenient.
For a group of four and more people, GetTransfer can find you a vehicle that suits the size of your company with all the baggage you have. Another sweet little bonus is that you can share the ride cost, which is beneficial for everyone.
For families and passengers with massive luggage, getting a suitable vehicle on GetTransfer is a lifesaver. You won’t have to worry about your heavy belongings or your children getting lost in public transport. GetTransfer is a stress-free experience.
Forget about expensive airport taxi or confusing public transport system. GetTransfer will get you in comfort and no fuss to any point in the city.
The journey time will take about 15 minutes, depending on the traffic. With GetTransfer the time will fly by while you will be admiring Tenerife surroundings from your passenger seat.
Booking the most suitable vehicle with GetTransfer is as easy as pie. All you need is to either download GetTransfer app on your phone, or visit GetTransfer.com and fill in all the required information on the homepage, and then click “Get Offers”. The rest is up to the system. In a moment, you will be offered several options to choose from. If there are any extra requirements for the driver ― you can leave a message in the comment section.
What you get when you book GetTransfer
- A wide variety of vehicle types: you can pick from passenger cars to shuttle buses. It all depends on how big your company is and how much baggage you’re carrying.
- You can book a transfer in advance and schedule a pickup time.
- No additional costs: taxes, road fees, and tips are included.
- Your safety comes first. You know in advance who is picking you up, and you can choose your driver based on the ratings and the car photos.
- You can choose from several types of private traveling, from the most affordable to the VIP status.
- Every vehicle comes with individual additional services, be it free Wi-Fi access, cool drinks, safety shield or wheelchair accessible transfer. You can see what a vehicle has onboard when you choose your transfer.
- Vehicles are family friendly: if you travel with kids, you can find a required child seat type.
Among other perks — with GetTransfer — you can also plan your way back to the airport when it is time to go home.
The driver you choose will wait for you at the arranged time and pre-agreed location. If you can’t keep up, no worries! There is a free waiting time: 60 minutes at airports and 15 minutes at all other locations.